How Water Softeners Work

As a homeowner or renter, chances are you’ve heard a lot about hard and soft water. These are definitions that describe the content of hard minerals in a given sample of water, with “hard” water referring to samples with higher quantities of these minerals and “soft” water referring to samples with lower (or absent) quantities.

Hydration and Other Leg Cramp Causes

A leg cramp, or a sharp, sudden contraction or tightening of the muscle in the calf, is a very common injury that most people experience at some time in their life. Proper hydration is a big part of combatting leg cramps, and our water filter systems at Kinetico can help ensure you’re properly hydrated. What

The Erin Brockovich Chemical is On the Rise

Made in the year 2000, the film Erin Brockovich documented one woman’s fight against contaminated drinking water, and a particular cancer-causing compound called chromium-6. While the film may have ended well, recent data from the Environmental Work Group shows that about 250 million Americans may have drinking water that’s contaminated with this chemical. At Kinetico,

Natural Health Detox Tips

At Kinetico, we’re all about providing solutions for cleaner, healthier living. Our home water filtering systems will help you and your family enjoy pure, clean drinking water, that’s often the basis of a healthy life. For many people, a detox is a great way to get healthier. Some people associate a detox with a long,

Anti-Aging Benefits of Drinking Water

In today’s modern age, people are looking for ways to stop the inevitable progression of aging. People use everything from creams and serums to alternative medicines, but they often overlook one of the simplest anti-aging remedies available: Drink more water. At Kinetico, we’re dedicated to providing highest quality drinking water. How can clean water from

Water Facts You May Not Have Known

At Kinetico, we’re all about water. Our water softening and filtration systems allow us to bring you and your family soft, clean, pure water. Nearly 85 percent of households in the US receive their water from public facilities, with the other 15 percent supplying their own from wells and natural springs. With water on the

Hard Water and Your Skin

Numerous factors can contribute to common skin conditions like acne, dryness, itchiness and even wrinkles that may be impacting your family.   One factor many don’t consider is the effect hard water can have on our skin. The vast majority of the water in the U.S. is hard, which means it has a high mineral content

What is Hard Water and Soft Water

If you are wondering what is hard water or what is soft water and how can you tell the difference keep reading.   Hard water contains high levels of calcium and/or magnesium which leave white stains on plumbing fixtures, cause dry skin and soap to not lather and work properly. Soft water, on the other hand,

Sodium and Soft Water Basics

A common question for families considering installing a water softener is “how much salt does a water softener add to my drinking water?” Particularly those who suffer from high blood pressure are concerned about adding sodium to their diet. Is this concern justified? Let’s look at the true amounts of sodium in soft water –

Hydration Tips for the Hot Summer

As your go-to experts in water filtration and water softeners, we at Kinetico know how vital water becomes over the hot summer months. Hydration is especially important in the dry deserts of Utah. Here are several tips for staying hydrated over the hot summer. Water Bottle Drinking water regularly is vital for summer hydration, and

12345...8